Welcome!

Welcome, Earthlings! This-believe it or not- is a craft blog! Yay!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Headphones

I'm bored a lot, so I tend to search our house until I find something to do. A while back I said to myself "Well, I can't afford tricked out expensive headphones. I should make a pair!" I don't often have uber good ideas, but I was lucky enough that this turned out to be a superb idea.
These headphones were fairly easy to make, too! One pair I built out of two pairs of headphones, the other I just decorated and painted with nailpolish.
I really like these headphones, no matter how old they were (I got them when I was probably, like, six, to be honest), because of the cool hypnotic blue circle. I would probably like them even more if they lit up. I don't know how I would do that though. Anyway, I used an X-acto knife to mutilate the top of the headphones so I could take that part off, since it was shaped funny.

I put the top of a different pair (I had to mutilate only the bottom of that pair) onto my good looking pair. This was so easy, my cat could do it. Maybe. If he had thumbs. Removing parts is the only hard part to building headphones, and if you're not to keen on plastic bits flying everywhere, you should probably ask a grownup for help, or wear safety goggles. I did neither. I guess Mom helped untangle the cords, and she got the X-acto knives out of the drawer for me.
This pair looked good already, so I just  painted it with nailpolish and put sparklies and ribbons on it.
I definitely recommend making these. I had a lot of fun.
Either sometime today or tomorrow I'll have a post about cupcakes up. I really like cooking.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment